The Village Playhouse is proud to host the longest running festival of its kind — The Annual Original One Act Festival For Wisconsin Playwrights.
Since 1984, the One Act Festival has been an opportunity for Wisconsin playwrights to see their work come alive on the stage. Be a part of this exciting project by submitting your script for the 35th Annual Festival, which will run June 5-21, 2020.
The festival provides an opportunity for playwrights and directors to collaborate and use the production process to hone and fine tune scripts.
- The Playwright must be a Wisconsin resident.
- The play must have minimal staging costs.
- Playing time for scripts is to be between 10 and 45 minutes.
- Plays must be unproduced as of June 1, 2020
- Scripts requiring specific music or other copyright protected materials must include performance rights for said material for the festival.
- Submissions MUST include a completed entry form
- Submission MUST include a short synopsis of the play.
- Entries must be postmarked or e-mailed by January 31, 2020
- All Categories of scripts are welcome.
- Scripts may be submitted electronically or on hardcopy.
- Electronic submissions must be in PDF format.
- No Scripts will be returned.
Download the submission form HERE.
Mail submissions and/or inquiries to:
1500 South 73rd Street
West Allis, WI 53214
E-mail submissions and/or inquiries to:
If you do not receive an acknowledgement of the receipt of your script within one week, please contact us.