The Village Playhouse is dedicated to the safety of our cast and crew, volunteers and patrons. During this time of uncertainty and upheaval, theater is more important than ever – and yet that needs to be balanced with following guidelines for everyone’s health and safety. For the 2020 – 2021 season, the Village Playhouse will follow these COVID-19 safety protocols:
- To limit the number of people in the building, auditions will be held by appointment only.
- Masks are required. Anyone refusing to wear a mask will be asked to leave.
- Video auditions will be accepted from any actor who does not wish to audition in person.
- Those cast in the show must follow the Village Playhouse’s safety protocols. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the production.
- The rehearsal space will be cleaned and sanitized between every rehearsal per CDC recommendations.
- Rehearsals will be closed and limited to cast and crew needed for the specific scenes being rehearsed.
- Masks will be worn at all times during the rehearsal process.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Actors will not share pencils, highlighters or scripts.
- Virtual rehearsals via Zoom will be used when possible to supplement in-person rehearsals.
- The show will be blocked and rehearsed in a way that limits physical contact and sharing of props between actors.
- Anyone feeling ill will not attend rehearsals.
- If a cast member or someone in their immediate family is diagnosed with COVID-19, all in-person rehearsals will cease for 14 days. That cast member will not return to in-person rehearsals until cleared to do so by the appropriate health authorities.
- The performance space, audience seating area, lobbies and restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized between each performance per CDC recommendations.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance. No physical tickets will be provided. Names will be checked off a list at the door.
- Seating will be limited to 20 patrons per performance. All seating will be assigned. Tickets purchased together will be seated together. There will be at least six feet between each group of seats. Patrons are asked to purchase tickets for different households separately.
- All patrons must wear masks. Anyone refusing to wear a mask will be asked to leave.
- If a patron feels ill within 24 hours of the performance they plan to attend, tickets for their entire group will be exchanged for a different performance or refunded.
- Refreshments will be pre-packaged, individually wrapped items.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in multiple locations through the building.
- Electronic programs will be available for viewing on smart phones and tablets.
- Hard copies of programs will not be reused. Patrons will be asked to take these home.
- Both the upper and lower front lobby spaces will be open during intermission so there is adequate space for social distancing.
- Patrons are asked to leave the building immediately after the production is over and avoid congregating in the parking lot.
- Patrons are asked to congratulate the cast and crew virtually after the production.
- Depending on the production, streaming options may be available for patrons who wish to watch from home. The Village Playhouse website and social media will post details as appropriate.
Thank you in advance for your efforts to help us keep everyone safe and healthy.